Counselling and Psychotherapy training and experience
I started working as a counsellor on placement in 2001, qualifying at Diploma level in 2003. After this, I developed an integrative approach attending further courses enabling me to utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Intervention Therapy (SFBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA) in addition to my core theoretical model of Person Centred Therapy (PCT). I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their framework for ethical practice. I gained BACP accreditation in 2009.
Past and present counselling experience includes:
- Working for a number of Employee Assistance Programmes, (EAPs), local and national
- Working for Mid Staffs MIND (mental health issues)
- Working for a local bereavement and loss charity as a counsellor, supervisor and trainer
- Working at a homeless hostel
- Working with prisoners and staff at various local prisons
- Working for the Probation Service with people referred by the courts who have issues with alcohol and/ or drugs
- Working for Social Services
- Working for a local alcohol and drug service
- In addition to having my own home based private practice.
I have worked and lived in a variety of places around the UK and abroad, and have gained valuable insights into the ‘bigger picture’ of people and life. This has enabled me to work confidently and sensitively with sometimes difficult issues (see the Counselling page) and to further understand the links between cause and effect.
My experience has taught me that life offers us many challenges that we may have difficulty working through. At these times we may need the help of a counsellor/therapist to find a way forward.
Please feel free to contact me for further information or clarification and I will do my best to help. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone numbers are 01785 606907 and 07946 704171 .